Welcome To Putnam County, WV
Putnam County, WV is located in the second-fastest growing region of West Virginia. Conveniently situated along Interstate 64 between Charleston and Huntington, the state’s two largest cities, the area has undergone a period of rapid suburbanization. The county has a total area of 350 square miles and a 2007 Census population estimate of 55,001 people.
With respect to quality of life, Putnam County ranks high. Community assets include:
- Economic vitality representing all business sectors – industry, manufacturing, retail, finance, home-based and non-profit organizations assisted and supported by a local Chamber of Commerce and a Development Authority.
- Innovative government leaders working to address matters of growth and development in a planned, deliberate manner.
- Law enforcement and emergency services more than adequate for the population’s public safety.
- An abundance of housing options from single family units in subdivisions, to condominiums, apartment complexes and retirement communities.
- A county public school system with superior standards of academic excellence.
- Health care choices ranging from a major hospital facility to urgent care clinics and health care providers in every classification of medical specialty.
- Parks and recreation amenities – ball fields, picnic areas, community pools and pathways. Programs, events and activities designed to serve all ages and abilities. The community also hosts a private golf club facility and YMCA with an aquatic center.
- A variety of community services (public library, senior center) and social activities (movie theater, festivals, fairgrounds)
- A diverse worship community including several Christian schools.
Putnam County, a lovely locale with an emphasis on excellence!