Putnam County Parks and Recreation is located off of Route 34 at 1 Valley Park Drive, Hurricane, WV. Operating on the philosophy that wholesome recreation is an essential part of life for the individual and community. In an environment where the social, mental, and physical well-being of residents and visitors are enhanced.
Putnam County . . . your place to Work, Live and Play!
• County Park Pool: County Park was created by combining land owned by the County Commission and the town of Eleanor to form a 300 acre park located behind the town of Eleanor. It is also home to the Putnam County Fair.
• Hurricane Valley Community Center: Located in Valley Park. The Center is complete with kitchen facilities, 24 round tables that will seat 8-10 comfortably, 225 cushioned chairs, lighting that can be dimmed to create a mood for any occasion.
• Waves of Fun Water Park: Features West Virginia’s newest and most thrilling waterslide complex. Tubes are available for rental.
• Yuletide in the Park: Annual “Yuletide in the Park” being held at Valley Park, Route 34, Hurricane, WV
• The Legend of Mary Ingles: Visit web site: www.maryinglestrail.org/